FS: 216 GSi with leather etc etc spares or repair

Cars or parts on Ebay that are Rover 200/400 related.

Moderator: Forum Staff

220 GSi turbo
Events Secretary

FS: 216 GSi with leather etc etc spares or repair

#1 Post by 220 GSi turbo » Sat Oct 05, 2019 9:15 pm

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rover-216-gs ... SwF11dljg9

J235UNV.

Lynx Bronze with beige leather, automatic transmission, front and rear electric windows. No MoT, no paperwork. Mileage is only 33000!

StubbornPatriot
Club Secretary

Re: FS: 216 GSi with leather etc etc spares or repair

#2 Post by StubbornPatriot » Sat Oct 05, 2019 11:06 pm

Previous write off, crease in o/s sill, crease in n/s sill, crease in n/s wing, dent in n/s/f door. Looks like both o/s doors are damaged at bottom (but may be dirt/marks or bad pics). And they obviously want more than £165 for it. With no paperwork and previous write off, I wouldn't be so sure about the mileage either. Certainly wouldn't consider it without going to see it first. Not that I'm in the market anyway. Could probably harvest a number of good parts from it though (especially those rear electric windows).
1989 216GSI + 1990 216GSI + 1997 416 Tourer + Triumph T160V

Johnny 216GSi
Club Treasurer

Re: FS: 216 GSi with leather etc etc spares or repair

#3 Post by Johnny 216GSi » Sat Oct 05, 2019 11:54 pm

Yep, the photos when this was first advertised didn't show any damage, but these show a lot more. Obviously been well used and well abused. Shame - it's an early-ish reg. I suppose, the Lynx Bronze is nice and it's the early part-bolster leather interior, so all in all quite a nice car but not in that condition. Two replacement sills, at least one wing, two doors and a respray because you won't find any Lynx Bronze duo-tone doors or wings anywhere else. It has a cracked rear bumper, so there's been a rear shunt at some point, and the claret insert strip is missing a chunk too. Offside front headlight is just about hanging in there too, so I suspect a front-end shunt or... putting it altogether, it might have been sandwiched between two cars at some point. Would really need the front bumper taking off to see what's going on - it could all be bent out of shape under there. Doesn't even have it's under-headlamp hockey sticks - they're just pieces of rubber wedged in there :laughing2

Leather interior would be good to harvest - in beige, so it could be inserted into that BRG 216GSi that's been flipped from £295 to £1900 on Car & Classic, and you'd have a respectable, fully-loaded GSi then...
Rover 216GSi K reg. Flame Red over Tempest Grey

Image Image