coupe pics

Post pictures of your car here. We want pics!
rover_robbin

Re: coupe pics

#76 Post by rover_robbin » Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:45 pm

thats is proper smart hopefully my rover will look this good one day finance allowing if i get my new job as tesco (fingers crossed) how much did it cost to get to this standard if u dont mind me asking ??

Fatdave

#77 Post by Fatdave » Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:12 pm

not really sure how much ive spent on it over the years, i just get bits and bobs when i have a little spare cash. bargains can still be had on ebay where ive got quite a bit of stuff from. the 282mm brakes (not from ebay) were the biggest outlay ive had all at once but even those werent mega money. theres some body work i want to get done this year as theres bits im not happy with and im gonna smarten up the engine bay too. ive changed a few small things in the interior recently so keep an eye out for pics soon. glad you like the car and get some pics up of yours :D
JS Performance group buy silicone breather pipes for T series turbo
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0997112995

phil58hatch

#78 Post by phil58hatch » Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:12 am

:rolleyes Are you not selling the COUPE now? ....Nice looking car! :wub

:cool PHIL.
LOOKING FOR A NEW ROVER....LOOKING FOR A NEW ROVER....LOOKING FOR A NEW ROVER....
"ROSIE" 1993 214 Sli Flame Red / Tempest Grey *Show Car* # S O L D #
*1ST Show* ""BEST HATCH" >> 21st Birthday Bash 2010

Fatdave

#79 Post by Fatdave » Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:55 pm

think it will be staying with me for a bit longer. as many have pointed out to me that i will probably struggle to get a coupe turbo as nice as the vvc is but having said that im not gonna rule out getting one.

Fatdave

#80 Post by Fatdave » Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:30 am

the coupes been off the road for a little while so i took the opportunity to have the dash to bits and add a few things. i wanted to change the heater dial face with a newer style from a 2005 onwards car but there quite expensive from ebay. i found a facelift 45 in a local scrap yard and got one for free :clapping it needed a fair bit of chopping and trimming but i got there in the end.

a new handbrake gaiter and gear gaiter went in. black leather with purple stitching.

i fitted a couple of gauges too. theres a volt meter and oil pressure which is not fully wired in yet. still needs the oily bit under the bonnet doing. in the end i decided to fit them where the tape holder was. ideally i know they should be higher but if im honest i wanted them more for the bling factor than anything else.
i removed the tape holder and used it as a template for the mdf to mount the gauges. i trimmed it with an extra gaiter i bought at the same time as the other 2 and used foam as a backing. i used foam as i wanted them to look set in a little.

the illumination was also attended to while things were apart. i fitted a blue cig lighter bezel as the original orange rover one was to strong a filter for the blue to shine through and the bulb holder from the rover cig lighter was reused to make a light in the ash tray (not pictured). the clock was taken apart and the orange filter was removed as it made the blue look dim.

theres a few more bits to be done but im going to wait for the weather to pick up as it involves paint. new tailored mats are next on the list. i have some already but was never to happy with their fit.

Fatdave

#81 Post by Fatdave » Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:05 pm

started refurbishing my wheels today. got 2 done just fine, they'll get a flat and polish tomorrow. got a 3rd one done too but just as i had finished the last coat of lacquer a cloth fell out of my pocket and landed on the rim :cursing i was so annoyed with myself i had to walk away for a bit and do something else. my mrs is happy though because the something else was fitting new speakers to her car which ive been promising to do for months now. came back to the wheel later and got the rim flatted back ready for a second attempt tomorrow and hopefully i wont do something stupid again.

more updates to follow soon.

phil58hatch

#82 Post by phil58hatch » Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:27 pm

Fatdave wrote:started refurbishing my wheels today. got 2 done just fine, they'll get a flat and polish tomorrow. got a 3rd one done too but just as i had finished the last coat of lacquer a cloth fell out of my pocket and landed on the rim :cursing i was so annoyed with myself i had to walk away for a bit and do something else. my mrs is happy though because the something else was fitting new speakers to her car which ive been promising to do for months now. came back to the wheel later and got the rim flatted back ready for a second attempt tomorrow and hopefully i wont do something stupid again.

more updates to follow soon.
:oops Well....i must confess,doing something just as bad! Not a cloth, but WATER :slapme
:angel Always tomorrow Andy! :wink3

LOOKING FOR A NEW ROVER....LOOKING FOR A NEW ROVER....LOOKING FOR A NEW ROVER....

Fatdave

#83 Post by Fatdave » Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:26 pm

well the above rim is going to have to wait till mid week because the shop has run out of the silver i used and wont get any in till then. i decided to refurbish the alloys as i managed to kerb one but luckily there was only superficial damage

i forgot how much of a pain they were to mask up, probably the longest part of the job.

i was going to refurbish the whole wheel with white centres and purple lips but decided against it in the end as the grey centres were in such good condition it seemed pointless to paint them. got 2 rims flatted and polished up and added a little purple detailing which im a bit unsure of, i'll make my mind up when on the car. heres a sample

in the meantime ive put the old faithful mg straights on.

i dont think you can go wrong with these wheels on an R8. in fact i was half tempted to leave them on. i may go a different way altogether yet though, i quite fancy some motor sport style wheels. :laughing2

carl747

#84 Post by carl747 » Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:51 pm

Fatdave wrote:
i dont think you can go wrong with these wheels on an R8. in fact i was half tempted to leave them on. i may go a different way altogether yet though, i quite fancy some motor sport style wheels. :laughing2

straights make me cry can't stand them
92 Rover 216 GTi Twin cam
64 1/2 Ford Mustang 289 V8

Fatdave

#85 Post by Fatdave » Sat Apr 30, 2011 10:01 pm

carl747 wrote:
Fatdave wrote:

straights make me cry can't stand them
really, i think straights look great on most mg/rovers. i had hairpins on my last coupe which i also liked but they could do with an extra inch. guess the same could be said for most things in life though. :laughing2

Fatdave

#86 Post by Fatdave » Thu May 12, 2011 8:47 pm

so yesterday was my second track day (well evening) and after the one last september i had been really looking forward to another. the coupe performed really well with no issues what so ever and i think the car got an easier time this time around because i learnt a lot from the last track evening. smoothness seems to be the key, especially round cadwell which has lots of tight bends.

i plan on doing another before the end of the year. hopefully sooner rather than later :drive1 and as a little bonus i managed not to scuff up my refubished rims :thumbup

phil58hatch

#87 Post by phil58hatch » Thu May 12, 2011 10:56 pm

:clappingANDY Great Photos,looks like you were really trying & enjoying yourself!! :thumbup1

Smithy
Club President

#88 Post by Smithy » Fri May 13, 2011 11:27 am

Looks like good fun. I enjoyed my first session last year as well, although it was only my car on the track. I am not sure I am brave enough to take my car out with others yet.
Rover 220 GTi Turbo.
Maestro Police Car.

Follow us on facebook. http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rover-200 ... 9239975702

Fatdave

#89 Post by Fatdave » Fri May 13, 2011 9:00 pm

Smithy wrote:Looks like good fun. I enjoyed my first session last year as well, although it was only my car on the track. I am not sure I am brave enough to take my car out with others yet.
i was also a little worried about hitting another car first time around but when your out there that worry soon disappears. its probably more fun with other cars i think. :D

Fatdave

#90 Post by Fatdave » Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:10 pm

after putting the coupe up for sale on ebay and being let down by the buyer (which i was actually quite happy about) ive finally let it go. i didnt try very hard to sell it but in the end it just had to go. sitting there doing nothing was doing it no favours. a mate has now bought it and ive pointed him in the clubs direction so hopefully youll still see updates on it.