oil cooler pipes

Having problems with your 200 or 400? This is the place for asking advice and help on technical problems. Resident experts will be on hand to help you keep your car in tip top condition

Moderator: Forum Staff

Studge

oil cooler pipes

#1 Post by Studge » Mon Nov 27, 2006 11:41 pm

I am after 2 decent oil cooler pipes for a Rover 416 L-reg with a Honda automatic engine. My pipes have cracked but apart from that the car just passed its MOT but I can't find any new pipes anywhere.

If anyone can help from what they have or by looking in a scrap yard I would be grateful.

Neil

E_T_V
Technical Advisor

#2 Post by E_T_V » Tue Nov 28, 2006 12:16 am

If the worst comes to the worst, visit your local hydraulic hose supplier. They should be able to copy the originals.

I got my PAS cooler copied by my local place for £15 I think when it rusted though.

Studge

#3 Post by Studge » Tue Nov 28, 2006 2:43 pm

Yes I had an offer to copy then too, but the garage has chucked them so I cannot copy what I don't have. This is the basic frustration.

Neil

Smithy
Club President

#4 Post by Smithy » Tue Nov 28, 2006 3:08 pm

I am not sure what parts you are referring too but I had a look in the Rover parts software and I can see mentioning of two different pipes described as

Pipe-oil cooler/transmission both of which are £25 each, so not astronomical.

If it is these you are after and are in a rush it is perhaps worth ringing Rimmer Bros who do mail order MG-Rover parts to enquire if they can get you them in for you.
Rover 220 GTi Turbo.
Maestro Police Car.

Follow us on facebook. http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rover-200 ... 9239975702