Still going?

Moderators: Red Icon, Forum Staff

MJ the Tomcat
Club Member
Car Ownership: Rover 216 Coupe

Re: Still going?

#31 Post by MJ the Tomcat » Thu Mar 24, 2016 8:54 pm

Trevor,

It is fast, not as fast as my Quattro but it gets down the road in a decent hurry.

However, it isn't either an Impreza or an Evo, both lovely cars though.

Di,

Have you been looking at your Easter present a bit early, such as a book that lists all four wheel drive cars ever made?

As you say, it's not a Jeep 'cos we've already got one but we never even thought about a Hummer - Ooh I wish!

Congratulations though, you are right! :clapping

But which one? :S

'Cos I'm nice and good and kind, I'll give you one more chance to stop that pint of the black stuff slipping away.

The car that we'll be turning up in on Saturday is definitely on the 'Hummer' list, guess the correct one and place your choice on here so I have chance to check before we leave on Saturday, and I might be buying you a pint of the black stuff!

Best of luck!
1998 Rover 216 Coupe (MJ the Tomcat). Winner of the Rover Sports Register Special Award - June 2014.
2007 Audi A3 2.0 TDi S-Line Quattro.

Previous Rovers : 1992 Metro 1.1S, 1995 214SEi, 1999 620Si.

mrsicon
Club Member
Car Ownership: Rover 218 VVC Coupe

#32 Post by mrsicon » Fri Mar 25, 2016 2:01 am

A great deal of research has gone into this and if it were me, putting the hummer thing to one side, i would make a short list of the Honda CRV the Kia sportage the Landcruisers are awesome, I have seen one pull a stuck top of the range Rangerover out of a muddy field no problem. And last on my list would be the Rav 4. The question is which is the winner? I will plump for the Rav 4 , that is my choice. :)
A Class of its own.

MJ the Tomcat
Club Member
Car Ownership: Rover 216 Coupe

#33 Post by MJ the Tomcat » Fri Mar 25, 2016 10:11 am

Couldn't you sleep Di?

Apologies for keeping you awake, but it was for a good reason!

I won't keep you in suspenders any longer, but do you prefer a straight glass or a mug with a handle?

You are absolutely spot on! :clapping

Our new automotive toy is a silver 56 plate 5 door Toyota RAV 4 with a cracking 2.2 litre turbo diesel engine that is an absolute pleasure to drive.

If you're good (which you always are) you can have a sit in her tomorrow.

See you tomorrow for lunch, a natter and a pint!
1998 Rover 216 Coupe (MJ the Tomcat). Winner of the Rover Sports Register Special Award - June 2014.
2007 Audi A3 2.0 TDi S-Line Quattro.

Previous Rovers : 1992 Metro 1.1S, 1995 214SEi, 1999 620Si.

mrsicon
Club Member
Car Ownership: Rover 218 VVC Coupe

#34 Post by mrsicon » Fri Mar 25, 2016 4:33 pm

Wa hooooooo :clapping :clapping :clapping Great minds do think alike. A well earned pint I can taste it now I will savor every slurp.Looking forward to seeing the vehicle concerned tomorrow. Happy days :D
A Class of its own.