Books/magazines on Rover and Rover 400

Use this board for any non-technical 200 or 400 related topic including motorsport, trivia, insurance matters etc.

Moderator: Forum Staff

Simonone
New Member - Welcome them!
Car Ownership: Rover 414 Saloon

Books/magazines on Rover and Rover 400

Postby Simonone » Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:01 pm

Every time I buy a "new" old car, I like to collect as much documents as I can find about the marque and the model.

Collecting books about rover is proving to be quite challenging: I've found very little.

I already own the book "Rover the first 90 years", which covers up to the mid '90s, so it doesn't cover my Rover 400 mk2
I also already own the Haynes manual, the 414 and 416 test drive featured on the main Italian car magazine at the time of their launch, and the model brochure, both in English and Italian.
The book "The Rover group: company and cars" has been ordered on Amazon and should reach me soon, and also the book about Rover K engines.
I also own a book about BL rise and fall, which covers Rover marginally only as a part of the BL empire of '70s.

I know I miss the rover special parts sales brochure, and I'm looking for it.
Would you suggest me any other book or british magazine about Rover and Rover 400 that is worth owning?

Thank you

GTiJohn
Club Chairperson
Car Ownership: Rover 216 Coupe

Re: Books/magazines on Rover and Rover 400

Postby GTiJohn » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:22 am

There are several interesting books about the era and some that mention or show our cars, but not in great detail.

You could try:-

"Making car at Longbridge" Bardsley and Corke, Tempus Publications

"When Rover met Honda" Carver, Seale and Youngson, CYS Publications

or my personal favourite "The British Car Industry - Our part in its downall" James Ruppert, Foresight Publications
I like Twin Cams.... and Single Cams

Simonone
New Member - Welcome them!
Car Ownership: Rover 414 Saloon

Re: Books/magazines on Rover and Rover 400

Postby Simonone » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:47 am

Thank you John, I'll hit Amazon as soon as possible :-)

Return to “Rover 200 and 400 Chat”