Search found 50 matches

by Bean66
Mon May 06, 2024 11:13 pm
Forum: Technical and Diagnosis
Topic: Head Gasket HELP HELP HELP !!
Replies: 7
Views: 171

Re: Head Gasket HELP HELP HELP !!

Hi All Thanx for the replies. Yup i forgot to say its a 1.4 103 bhp in an 05 Streetwise. In terms of the leak. There are witness marks of dried coolant and rust on the front of the block behind the Xhaust manifold and when its been run for a bit a slight wet run down the same area. Though i'll check...
by Bean66
Mon May 06, 2024 11:30 am
Topic: Head Gasket HELP HELP HELP !!
Replies: 7
Views: 171

Head Gasket HELP HELP HELP !!

Hi All Well bad news, for me anyway, my HG has gone, boo, :mouthshut :scared :scared But its not catastrophic. Its losing coolant slowly and is running down the front of the block under the head. It runs fine never overheats and I’ve got no water in the oil or visa versa. It’s been pressure tested a...
by Bean66
Wed May 01, 2024 11:29 am
Topic: Suspension Questions
Replies: 2
Views: 70

Suspension Questions

Hi All Just had my MOT and my Streetwise passed but has a coule of advisories. Play in the NS track rod end and suspension ball joint. No probs i'll replace them pretty soon. Track rod end no probs but can i just replace the ball joint or is it a whole arm job? I've replaced the ball joint on the wi...
by Bean66
Mon Mar 04, 2024 9:48 pm
Forum: Upgrades & Modifications
Topic: 12v socket in centre console
Replies: 4
Views: 146

Re: 12v socket in centre console

Hi 220 Gsi Ah very good point, wouldn't want to mess with anything connected to the Pektron SCU. The loads should be pretty light as it'll be just the dash cam and very occsionally to charge a phone. As you say the radio head unit is switched so that should be simple enough and its close by. Thanks ...
by Bean66
Mon Mar 04, 2024 3:14 pm
Forum: Bodywork & Detailing
Topic: The importance of cavity rust protection
Replies: 1
Views: 153

Re: The importance of cavity rust protection

One comment. Its a ROVER of course its rusty :laughing2 :laughing2 By the way how old is it. My 05 Streetwise (so one of the last) is err rusty, so i'm sure they all will be. But to try to help i'll be squirting some Bilt Hamber S50 into as many box setions as i can find when the weather it better a...
by Bean66
Mon Mar 04, 2024 3:07 pm
Forum: Upgrades & Modifications
Topic: 12v socket in centre console
Replies: 4
Views: 146

12v socket in centre console

Hi Guys Looking to make a small electrical mod but not being a auto-electrician I’m not 100% sure if it will be ok. So the issue is that on my 05 reg Streetwise the 12v sockets is ALWAYS live and that’s a pain. I very rarely used the 12v until I recently got a dash-cam so I now use it to power that ...
by Bean66
Wed Feb 21, 2024 11:34 pm
Forum: Events and Meetings
Topic: Pride of Longbridge 13/4/2024
Replies: 21
Views: 826

Re: 2024 POL

Ah yes POL, it was good last year, but what to go in, the Monogram MG TF or the Streetwise Olympic. The SW Olympic is one of about 65, according to how mamy let.com The TF one of 99 made in my Monogram colour so if there is 20 left i'd be amazed So both unusual cars and getting more so, which is a s...
by Bean66
Sun Jan 07, 2024 1:22 pm
Topic: Urgent Alarm HELP!!!
Replies: 11
Views: 1499

Re: Urgent Alarm HELP!!!

Hi All It might be an idea to get a proper fault code via a T4 to confirm the sounder was the fault. I'd hate to buyt a new sounder (Rimmers have them) then find it just goes off, but that does seem unlikley as it behaving perfectly at the moment, but that could be because the battery is freshly cha...
by Bean66
Sat Jan 06, 2024 6:25 pm

Hi All So thanks to everyone who gave help and advise to resolve the problem, which as it happened at 1.00am was pretty big. I can’t be 100% sure what happened but as Technozen and my local dealer said as the hazards weren’t flashing when the sounder was sounding they didn’t think the alarm had been...
by Bean66
Thu Jan 04, 2024 4:53 pm

Hi Yep thanks for that. When i read that earlier I was kind of assuming that putting the battery back on would just set the alarm going off again. But even if that was true now I've removed the sender at least it will be quiet. But i don't think the battery was completly flat as its now fully charge...